As we make last minute preparations for the 2019 Global Education Summit, August 21-24, 2019 at the historic Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC, we remind everyone of the opportunity to attend one of the most exciting educational summits of its kind. Over an immersive three-day international forum, the Summit offers a diverse program of educational sessions by recognized industry experts focusing on the most important aspects of global diplomacy. In a previous blog we told you about the Top 9 Reasons to Attend PSOW’s Global Education Summit. And now that we have our complete agenda and speakers set, we offer up 10 more reasons to attend and be part of an incredible opportunity to meet, learn and network with others inspired to create professional relationships through cultural understanding, communication and respect!
1. You’ll Party like it’s 1925. On the eve of the Global Education Summit, participants are invited back in time to join other guests and characters for an evening of Prohibition era specialty cocktails (don’t tell!), hors d'oeuvres and entertainment where you can mingle like it’s 1925—the year The Mayflower Hotel was built.
2. Meet a Chief Encouragement Officer. In his keynote presentation, Bill Treasurer, noted author and founder/Chief Encouragement Officer of Giant Leap Consulting, will teach you timeless leadership practices and why courage is the first virtue of business and leadership.
3. A little Arabic Coffee Talk. Join Ghassan Hajjaj, Founder of The International Protocol and Etiquette Centre, for a cup of Arabic coffee as he takes you on a caffeinated cultural voyage to understand more of the Middle East regions, demonstrating some of the most important rituals of hospitality and their etiquettes. And did we mention the Arabic coffee?
4. The Love Boat. Well, technically, the Love Boat will not be anchoring at The Mayflower, but Brian O’Connor, Global Education Summit Chair and VP Communications of Princess Cruises, will be part of an all-star panel of senior leaders from world-renowned organizations. Along with Brian, panelists from MGM Resorts International, Etihad Airways and The Luxury Collection will explain how they are using their people, processes and technology to enhance customer engagement.
5. Become a Hack of all Trades: James Spellos, President of Meeting U, teaches participants dozens of ways to save time using the tools that dominate your computer as well as new tools you need to know about. From Windows and MS Office tips and tricks to information portals, social media shortcuts and the latest time saving applications, this “hackathon” will teach you how to save valuable time and money for you and your organization.
6. Tea Time. Join tea experts Nicole Krakora and Emma YanQi Li who will teach you the fascinating history of tea, explore various tea ware, and discover the cultural significance behind the experience of a simple cup of tea. You’ll also sample teas from multiple regions while learning the proper etiquette you’ll need to master the complex world of tea across cultures.
7. Learn Body Language: Did you know the vital information that comes from facial expressions, body language, the voice, and vocal flow? You will master the art of body language and reading another person’s behavior in The Nonverbal Advantage: Reading People and Decoding their Emotions presented by Dr. Irvine Nugent of Irvine Nugent & Associates.
8. Jump in the Spin Cycle: Go behind the headlines in a session led by Ben Khadra, Head of External Communication, Standard Chartered Bank, UAE, where you will learn how spin doctors work and the basics of media relations.
9. Become a #GirlBoss: Christie Leigh Wells, Founder, CLM Business Etiquette Consulting, guides you through the (Em)Power Hour for insight and practical tips to become an empowered professional woman.
10. Cel-e-brate good times (come on!): As a Global Education Summit guest, you will help us celebrate 30 years of The Protocol School of Washington with our Anniversary Gala “State Dinner” featuring remarks from His Excellency Zaki Nusseibeh and PSOW President Pamela Eyring. You will enjoy a sit-down dinner, special entertainment, and a celebration of the pearls of wisdom gleaned from leaders and influencers around the world who promote global diplomacy and relationship building efforts.