Full Certificate Program
Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner, 1700 Tyson Blvd, McLean, Virginia, USA
5 days + opening night
41.5 clock hours
Date and Time:
9 June 2022 - 14 June 2022, 19:00 - 21:00 ET Thursday and 8:00 - 17:00 ET Friday to Tuesday
Registration End Date:
*Graduates of our Full Certificate Program's receive a 10% discount. Contact us for the voucher code to apply during registration.
This five-day comprehensive in-person classroom training provides expert instruction, guided exercises and coaching for a thorough foundation in the fundamentals of operational protocol. Participants gain a broad understanding of functional business, government, and international protocol. Strong personal leadership skill development balances this high-quality curriculum, elevating confidence, preparedness, and professionalism.
- Protocol History, Precedence and Positioning
- Titles and Forms of Address
- VIP Management
- International: The Impact of Culture on Protocol
- Official Gifts
- Flags and Logos
- Logistics and Event Management
- Personal Diplomacy and Dining Skills
- Military Protocol
- Leadership and Legendary Service
- Professional Development.
- Identify the uses of precedence as a fundamental protocol tool.
- Review the key elements between social and business seating.
- Properly use titles and forms of address.
- Apply flag order of precedence when displaying multiple flags.
- Define the master protocol process and apply it to meetings and events.
- Identify the elements of cross-cultural communication.
- Master appropriate gift-giving practices.
- Apply the elements of the guest experience cycle.
- Define legendary service and its methods of delivery.
- Apply rank vs. service precedence within the military.
- Understand and feel confident using and applying dining etiquette principles.
- Your official framed certificate, presented at graduation (measuring approximately 18 x 12 inches | 45.72 x 30.48 cm).
- The Blue Book of Stationery by Crane & Co. (2009), Crane & Co. Inc., Massachusetts, 189 pp., ISBN: 978-0-615-27921-3.
- Honor & Respect The Official Guide to Names, Titles, and Forms of Address (2nd Edition, 2013) by Robert Hickey, The Protocol School of Washington, South Carolina, 552 pp., ISBN: 978-0-615-19806-4.
- The Little Book of Etiquette by Dorothea Johnson (1997), Running Press.
- The Protocol School of Washington Protocol Officer Training Manual (2022), the Protocol School of Washington, South Carolina.
- Global Road Warrior Digital Subscription
Measure of Performance
A 90% attendance rate is required of all participants. This course is strictly Pass/Fail. The Training Manager, in conjunction with the course facilitators, will observe and evaluate your participation to determine if you understand the material and if you pass or fail the course.
Classes are presented in English. To ensure the best student experience, English language proficiency and basic computer skills are required.
Certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
9 - 14 June 2022: A discounted rate of $239 per night to include wi-fi is available at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner. Book by 26 May 2022 to receive this rate by clicking now or by calling the hotel at 703-744-3947 and identifying yourself as an attendee of The Protocol School of Washington group.
Unavailable at this time.